[coreboot] Has anyone had issues with coreboot's 32bit MMIO space?

Taiidan at gmx.com Taiidan at gmx.com
Mon May 15 17:53:54 CEST 2017

I am curious, has anyone else had issues with coreboots 32bit MMIO space?

This can result in a "Not enough MMIO resources for SR-IOV" error when
you try to enable SR-IOV, and if you have more than 6 nics, or if you
have a few GPU's you'll max the MMIO space limit.

I noticed it is more pronounced with older gen non native pci-e
multi-port nics such as a multi-port 82576L as the PCI-e switches
consume extra resources - a quad port i350 uses less than a quad port
82576L so you can enable a few VF's on some of the ports before
encountering trouble.