[coreboot] Coreboot 4.5: No early serial output

Zoran Stojsavljevic zoran.stojsavljevic at gmail.com
Wed Mar 29 18:49:18 CEST 2017

Hello Naveed,

> In Coreboot 4.4 (Intel baytrail FSP) early serial output use to work
(first line being coreboot version followed by RTC Init)

> In Coreboot 4.5 it seems that serial output only works once the FSP
initializes the serial port (first line being romstage_main_continue).

What entity initializes serial port in Coreboot 4.4 (BYT FSP or Coreboot
itself)? In which stage?

Once you get answer to this question, you should know what to do for/in
Coreboot 4.5 . ;-)

Zoran