[coreboot] Lenovo Thinkpad X201: cannot boot encrypted Debian w/Coreboot & GRUB2

Denis 'GNUtoo' Carikli GNUtoo at no-log.org
Mon Mar 27 20:33:45 CEST 2017

On Fri, 24 Mar 2017 03:16:27 +0000
Sam Kuper <sam.kuper at uclmail.net> wrote:

> GNUtoo in 2013:
> https://www.coreboot.org/index.php?title=Board:lenovo/x201&diff=prev&oldid=11609
>
> GNUtoo in 2013:
> https://www.coreboot.org/index.php?title=Board:lenovo/x201&diff=prev&oldid=11614
>
> phcoder in 2013:
> https://www.coreboot.org/index.php?title=Board:lenovo/x201&diff=prev&oldid=12266
>
> phcoder in 2014:
> https://www.coreboot.org/index.php?title=Board:lenovo/x201&diff=next&oldid=13360
I do not have a Lenovo Thinkpad X201 and never did. I based this change
on indirect information.

Phcoder however had and probably still has a Lenovo Thinkpad X201.

I however use native GPU init on all the following laptops:
- Thinkpad X60
- Thinkpad X60T
- Thinkpad T60
- Thinkpad X200
I also tested it first hand on a Thinkpad T400.

I'm not sure how up to date is my knowledge on native GPU init, but
libreboot documentation points out that not all displays might be
supported by it. I'm also not sure how up to date that documentation is.

Denis.