[coreboot] Lenovo Thinkpad X201: cannot boot encrypted Debian w/Coreboot & GRUB2

Nico Huber nico.h at gmx.de
Fri Mar 24 19:47:19 CET 2017

On 24.03.2017 04:16, Sam Kuper wrote:
> On 23/03/2017, Arthur Heymans <arthur at aheymans.xyz> wrote:
>> Last option is hook up libgfxinit, an alternative Intel display init
>> code written in ada/spark, which might set up display correctly...
>
> Nice. I will look into that when I get a chance. It might take me a
> while. I haven't built an Ada toolchain before. Would be great if it
> works, though!

This got a lot easier just yesterday. On most Linux distros you just
have to install the gnat package (sometimes called gcc-ada) matching
your GCC. Then, if you are up-to-date on coreboot master, this should
work:

  $ make crossgcc-clean
  $ # or `mv util/crossgcc/xgcc{,.bak}` if you want to keep a backup
  $ make crossgcc-i386 BUILD_LANGUAGES=c,ada CPUS=4

The `BUILD_LANGUAGES=c,ada` shouldn't be necessary but makes it error-
out in case something is wrong with gnat.

You'll have to hook it up for the X201 then, similar to "1b3a6e4b14
mb/google/slippy: Hook up libgfxinit". And select CONFIG_MAINBOARD_
USE_LIBGFXINIT. Let me know if you have further questions / need any
assistance.

Nico