[coreboot] Where to buy the KCMA-D8? *brand new*

Taiidan at gmx.com Taiidan at gmx.com
Thu Mar 23 02:16:56 CET 2017

On 03/22/2017 07:07 PM, Daniel Kulesz wrote:

>> Does anyone know? I have checked everywhere
>> I can't find the accessories for the board family either (TPM etc)
> There is shop in Germany that sells it (according to the website, they have 6 pcs left in stock):
>
> https://direkt.jacob.de/Mainboards/divers/ASUS-KCMA-D8-90-MSVD91-G0UAY00Z-artnr-851627.html?ref=103
>
> It was easy to find using a price comparison machine:
>
> https://geizhals.de/asus-kcma-d8-90-msvd91-g0uay00z-a592717.html
>
> If you are looking for a cheap board for a "high-end" router without the need for IOMMU I would recommend trying the Supermicro H8DME (it doesn't have a recent board_status though). You can find them pretty cheap on Ebay (used as well as new), however, you need to get DDR2 memory for them (which is even cheaper than DDR2 nowadays).
>
> Cheers, Daniel

Thanks, but germany is quite far away for me I am preferably looking for
a US, canadian, mexican etc seller to save on shipping (and that
jacob.de site sells them for way above the $300 MSRP)

I already have an AM1ML as my router, but it has no IOMMU functional and
that is a big issue.
Biostar didn't make it work in the vendor bios, they said that "AMD
didn't implement it in hw" whereas AMD says it is in-fact present and
accounted for. I am going to try to add it in coreboot for this and
another agesa board when I have the time.