[coreboot] How come the community meeting is hosted by proprietary software?

ron minnich rminnich at gmail.com
Sat Mar 18 21:02:54 CET 2017

Nobody is stopping anyone from implementing and letting us try something
open. I think it's great. I would love to be able to use it.

But some rules apply:

o a lot of us have full time jobs and (in my case at least) a skill set
that does not include competence/interest in hacking on meeting software.
It has to work for me as EASILY as what we are using today.

o it has to work at least as WELL as what we're using today. So far, every
single open source alternative has not come close to meeting that standard.

o And, to reiterate, no single points of failure. It seems to me that
anything that  depends on one person providing 24x7 availability has a
single point of failure by definition. And, in at least one case, we went
to have a meeting and the (non-redundant) person running the
(non-redundant) server connected to the (non-redundant) network was not
around. No meeting occurred. That's a failure.