[coreboot] Crowdfunding Status for KGPE-D16 BMC Port Offer

Taiidan at gmx.com Taiidan at gmx.com
Tue Mar 7 10:29:58 CET 2017

Today I noticed a new stretch goal about flashrom support (kinda late in
the game), it seems pretty important to have this so I think that the
stretch goal funding should be extended.

I had assumed that the BMC firmware would be stored in and loaded from
the main coreboot flash image, or that there would be a shim loader
installable on the bmc firmware module that would (as the BMC has DMA)
load the firmware from memory for easy updating.

The requiring of the firmware module may be a problem for some people
because apparently there are two different SKU's from asus one of which
didn't ship with it and no retailers sell it separately.

Also, If the stretch goal doesn't get funded is it possible to perform a
"clean" flash with a test clip?