[coreboot] Where to get ME image/flash descriptors for the x220?

Arthur Heymans arthur at aheymans.xyz
Sun Mar 5 11:20:56 CET 2017

"Taiidan at gmx.com" <Taiidan at gmx.com> writes:

> Well I managed to download the latest BIOS from the lenovo site, which
> includes an ME update now the issue is that I can't seem to figure out
> how to extract it from the .FL1 and .FL2 files.

Those might have a length too long to fit a flash so you need to trim
those down before using ifdtool on those (If they contain and ifd of
course)
so depending on size of rom
dd if=FL1(or 2)file of=vendor_bios.rom bs=1 count=xM

and then ifdtool -x vendor_bios.rom

> I would also like to know as to how I can re-flash the EC firmware if
> that could potentially cause problems, I of course do not know if it
> has DMA.

Only existing tool to flash EC is using vendor tool.
EC are only accessed trough port mapped IO (or on newer ones also via
memory mapped IO). EC itself does not have DMA afaik.

--
Arthur Heymans