[coreboot] problems with compilation for asrock g41c-gs-2.0

Arthur Heymans arthur at aheymans.xyz
Thu Jun 15 14:30:03 CEST 2017

Rostislav Okulov via coreboot <coreboot at coreboot.org> writes:

> Hello, guys.
> I need some help with coreboot.
>
> First I have created config with "make menuconfig"
> compilation works with Rom chip size 8Mb (but if I understand correctly for this motherboard it Rom chip size should be 1Mb)

Whatever the size of your flash may be. The default is 1MiB.

> with 1Mb building stops here:
> FMAP build/util/cbfstool/fmaptool -h build/fmap_config.h build/fmap.fmd build/fmap.fmap
> syntax error
> FATAL: Failed while processing provided descriptor
> Makefile.inc:856: recipe for target 'build/fmap.fmap' failed
> make: *** [build/fmap.fmap] Error 4

Is your CONFIG_CBFS_SIZE ok for 1MiB. If you changed back the flash size
then it might not have followed. An easy way is to 'rm -rf .config' and
run make menuconfig again or simply adapt the size.

> Second
> When I 've created seabios config and copied it with name .seabiosconfig in coreboot directory anyway script use it's default config
>
> CC ramstage/arch/x86/wakeup.o
> CP ramstage/arch/x86/memlayout.ld
> CP ramstage/lib/program.ld
> CC generated/ramstage.o
> CC cbfs/fallback/ramstage.debug
> Fetching new commits from the SeaBIOS git repo
> Checking out SeaBIOS revision origin/master
> Switched to branch 'master'
> Your branch is up-to-date with 'origin/master'.
> Deleted branch coreboot (was 3fdabae).
> Branch coreboot set up to track remote branch master from origin.
> Switched to a new branch 'coreboot'
> CONFIG SeaBIOS origin/master
> /home/gutsycat/coreboot/coreboot/payloads/external/SeaBIOS/seabios/.config:15:warning: override: reassigning to symbol COREBOOT
> /home/gutsycat/coreboot/coreboot/payloads/external/SeaBIOS/seabios/.config:15:warning: override: COREBOOT changes choice state
> /home/gutsycat/coreboot/coreboot/payloads/external/SeaBIOS/seabios/.config:90:warning: override: reassigning to symbol VGA_COREBOOT
> /home/gutsycat/coreboot/coreboot/payloads/external/SeaBIOS/seabios/.config:90:warning: override: VGA_COREBOOT changes choice state
> /home/gutsycat/coreboot/coreboot/payloads/external/SeaBIOS/seabios/.config:91:warning: override: reassigning to symbol BUILD_VGABIOS
> /home/gutsycat/coreboot/coreboot/payloads/external/SeaBIOS/seabios/.config:102:warning: override: reassigning to symbol DEBUG_SERIAL
> #
> # configuration written to /home/gutsycat/coreboot/coreboot/payloads/external/SeaBIOS/seabios/.config
> #
> MAKE SeaBIOS origin/master
> Build Kconfig config file
> Compile checking out/src/misc.o
> Compile checking out/src/stacks.o
> Compile checking out/src/output.o

Not sure what you are asking here...

> Third How can I test my ROM with and emulator before installing it?

Not possible unless the rom is compiled for a virtual target like qemu.
On real hardware you should make a backup of the original firmware.

--
Arthur Heymans