[coreboot] problems with compilation for asrock g41c-gs-2.0

Rostislav Okulov ogldelphi at mail.ru
Mon Jun 12 09:57:24 CEST 2017

Hello, guys.
I need some help with coreboot.

First I have created config with "make menuconfig"
compilation works with Rom chip size 8Mb (but if I understand correctly for this motherboard it Rom chip size should be 1Mb)

with 1Mb building stops here:
    FMAP       build/util/cbfstool/fmaptool -h build/fmap_config.h build/fmap.fmd build/fmap.fmap
syntax error
FATAL: Failed while processing provided descriptor
Makefile.inc:856: recipe for target 'build/fmap.fmap' failed
make: *** [build/fmap.fmap] Error 4

Second
When I 've created seabios config and copied it with name .seabiosconfig in coreboot directory anyway script use it's default config

  CC         ramstage/arch/x86/wakeup.o
    CP         ramstage/arch/x86/memlayout.ld
    CP         ramstage/lib/program.ld
    CC         generated/ramstage.o
    CC         cbfs/fallback/ramstage.debug
    Fetching new commits from the SeaBIOS git repo
    Checking out SeaBIOS revision origin/master
Switched to branch 'master'
Your branch is up-to-date with 'origin/master'.
Deleted branch coreboot (was 3fdabae).
Branch coreboot set up to track remote branch master from origin.
Switched to a new branch 'coreboot'
    CONFIG     SeaBIOS origin/master
/home/gutsycat/coreboot/coreboot/payloads/external/SeaBIOS/seabios/.config:15:warning: override: reassigning to symbol COREBOOT
/home/gutsycat/coreboot/coreboot/payloads/external/SeaBIOS/seabios/.config:15:warning: override: COREBOOT changes choice state
/home/gutsycat/coreboot/coreboot/payloads/external/SeaBIOS/seabios/.config:90:warning: override: reassigning to symbol VGA_COREBOOT
/home/gutsycat/coreboot/coreboot/payloads/external/SeaBIOS/seabios/.config:90:warning: override: VGA_COREBOOT changes choice state
/home/gutsycat/coreboot/coreboot/payloads/external/SeaBIOS/seabios/.config:91:warning: override: reassigning to symbol BUILD_VGABIOS
/home/gutsycat/coreboot/coreboot/payloads/external/SeaBIOS/seabios/.config:102:warning: override: reassigning to symbol DEBUG_SERIAL
#
# configuration written to /home/gutsycat/coreboot/coreboot/payloads/external/SeaBIOS/seabios/.config
#
    MAKE       SeaBIOS origin/master
  Build Kconfig config file
  Compile checking out/src/misc.o
  Compile checking out/src/stacks.o
  Compile checking out/src/output.o

Third How can I test my ROM with and emulator before installing it?

Thank you for your help.