[coreboot] another AMT exploit

Zoran Stojsavljevic zoran.stojsavljevic at gmail.com
Sun Jul 23 08:22:18 CEST 2017

This is the same bug we lamented before. Siemens's IPCs are nothing more
beneath the hood as normal PCs, using the same set of the CPU + PCH
(serving to the purpose), just the silicon and platform packaging are
special (to withstand temperatures from -40C to +85C).

The packages provided are just set of the improved BIOSes and the improved
MEs (BIOSes done/improved by Siemens, MEs transparently taken from INTEL).

Once this bug is discovered, it affects ALL the devices and machines based
upon released INTEL CORE families till May 2017.

So, this is just an extension of the original bug, my best guess, Siemens
Industrial must announce this bug as well, since they are responsible for
their own devices and IPCs as eOEM, don't they???

Zoran
_______