[coreboot] another AMT exploit

Taiidan at gmx.com Taiidan at gmx.com
Sat Jul 22 23:31:36 CEST 2017

On 07/22/2017 03:45 PM, ron minnich wrote:

> I may the last person to have seen this, but...
> http://www.theregister.co.uk/2017/07/03/intel_amt_bug_bit_siemens_industrial_pcs/
Nothing to worry about, patches have been dispensed and will be applied
on millions of devices "as soon as possible".

What makes ME seem all the more sketchy is how evasive intel is about
it, logic would dictate that the most money would be made via making it
a removable TPM style module (buy or no blurays for you $$$$) but
instead they choose to integrate it and make it mandatory.

I wonder how hard would it be for a foreign intelligence agency to ruin
a country via convincing an intel employee to embed a ME program on
every new PC that introduces subtle errors to various important
calculations...better than a physical hardware flaw as your own stuff
isn't vulnerable.