[coreboot] T530: Cleaning Intel ME currently does not work <--> CPU fan won't start

Nico Huber nico.h at gmx.de
Fri Jul 21 01:28:19 CEST 2017

Hi,

On 20.07.2017 23:48, Pavel Alyev wrote:

> Not at all. ME can control clock output frequency at GPIO 64/65/66/67.
> From coreboot you can only set these pins to NATIVE mode. So, if you
> EC/SIO take clock input from PCH, without ME they may work incorrectly.

you are right. I forgot that the ThinkPad EC is more a Super-I/O and may
need the PCH to work (and not the other way around). And it's indeed
connected to SUSCLK (GPIO62). Although I don't know what it does with
that clock, it's possible that the ME messes with it.

> But looks like at t530 this outputs sets in GPIO mode. David, can you
> dump gpios from system with running ME (can be done by 'inteltool -g').

GPIO62 is set to native mode.

Nico