[coreboot] Any intro available for adding cbmem support to an old platform?

Keith Hui buurin at gmail.com
Tue Jul 18 05:55:00 CEST 2017

Hi Paul,

For some reason your replies ended up in junk mail. :-\ I've pulled
them out and can now reply properly. :)

It boots, all the way into Slackware and able to get an SSH
conversation going (for board_status).

On Sat, Jul 15, 2017 at 10:21 AM, Paul Menzel
<paulepanter at users.sourceforge.net> wrote:

> Thank you for uploading the log files to the board status repository.
> Unfortunately the build is marked as *dirty*, which means, you probably
> had uncommitted changes in the tree, that might or might not have been
> needed to boot the machine. So it’s hard for somebody else rebuilding
> the same image, and it’s less likely that it’ll boot.
>
> `git status` and `git diff`, maybe with the switch `--cached`, could be
> used to find out, what is uncommitted. If you run `make gitconfig`, you
>  will also have the alias `git sup`, which checks out the correct
> commits of the submodules, which are often a reason
>
> If you need help to get rid of the *dirty* state, please don’t hesitate
> to ask.

It probably caught the changes I made for what I set out to do (which
are not yet even staged for submission), but the binary I compiled
when I ran board_status is without any of those. The binary now in the
flash chip carries those changes and I can test. I am also staging
them for submission into gerrit (took hours and quite a few tries to
get git right), so it should not be dirty for long.

Cheers
Keith