[coreboot] (depthcharge, vboot) Difficulties booting on Chromebook

Paul Kocialkowski contact at paulk.fr
Tue Jul 18 09:28:51 CEST 2017

Hi,

On Tue, 2017-07-18 at 07:24 +0100, Linus Heckemann wrote:
> I've been following the instructions for getting Debian running on an
> Asus C201 Chromebook[1]. This has been going well, mostly, except that
> when I try to actually boot it (power on and press Ctrl-U) I am
> greeted
> by a loud and low-pitched beep and not much else. Any ideas as to what
> may be missing?

That probably means that your boot medium was not setup correctly.
Perhaps the Debian instructions are either incorrect or incomplete.

--
Paul Kocialkowski,

developer of free digital technology and hardware support

Website: https://www.paulk.fr/
Coding blog: https://code.paulk.fr/
Git repositories: https://git.paulk.fr/ https://git.code.paulk.fr/