[coreboot] (depthcharge, vboot) Difficulties booting on Chromebook

Linus Heckemann acc at sphalerite.org
Tue Jul 18 08:24:21 CEST 2017

Hi all,

I've been following the instructions for getting Debian running on an
Asus C201 Chromebook[1]. This has been going well, mostly, except that
when I try to actually boot it (power on and press Ctrl-U) I am greeted
by a loud and low-pitched beep and not much else. Any ideas as to what I
may be missing?

Relevant stuff:

# crossystem | grep dev_boot
dev_boot_usb           = 1   # Enable developer mode boot from USB/SD
(writable)
dev_boot_legacy        = 0   # Enable developer mode boot Legacy OSes
(writable)
dev_boot_signed_only   = 0   # Enable developer mode boot only from
official kernels (writable)

I've uploaded an image of the SD card resulting from the instructions
(208M, 2G uncompressed) at [2].

Best regards
Linus

[1]: https://wiki.debian.org/InstallingDebianOn/Asus/C201