[coreboot] Coreboot binary for ASUS F2A85-M

Kyösti Mälkki kyosti.malkki at gmail.com
Mon Jan 23 14:51:16 CET 2017

On Mon, Jan 23, 2017 at 2:41 PM, Maxim Gusev via coreboot <
coreboot at coreboot.org> wrote:

> Hi Daniel,
>
> Now I have compiled coreboot 4.5 with the SeaBIOS 1.9.3 as a payload and
> the VGAbios:
> I am using the Asus EN8600GT as a videocard (PCIe) and I took out the
> binary here:
> https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/?architecture=&
> manufacturer=Asus&model=8600+GT&interface=PCI-E&memType=&
> memSize=256&since=
>
> Also I have turned on  in console settings "Show POST codes...", but there
> is nothing works:(

You probably also need POST_DEVICE_PCI_PCIE set in your .config. In
menuconfig: "Device to send POST codes to" -> "PCI/PCIe".

As for the serial port: I think this mainboard is not a retail version, but
came from ASUS Essentio Desktop PC CM1745.
http://www.ascendtech.us/asus-f2a85-m-cm1745-dp-motherboard_i_mb90mibiw5g0xbn.aspx

Looks like RS232 level translator ICs are also missing and some other
differences on BOM too.

Kyösti