[coreboot] Coreboot binary for ASUS F2A85-M

Daniel Kulesz daniel.ina1 at googlemail.com
Mon Jan 23 10:35:23 CET 2017

Hi Maxim,

no it normally does not make any sounds, unless you have set e. g. grub to beep once its loaded. But you *need* to have a payload, otherwise nothing will boot. I suggest you try to SeaBIOS in the first instance. Also, you need to have either an external graphics cards (PCIe) or the vga bios, otherwise you also won't see anything on the screen until the point when you boot an operating system like linux which initializes the graphics.

The F2A-85M *does* have a serial port soldered on the board, but there is no connector for it. You need to get a simple cable like this one and connect it to your board:

https://www.quietpc.com/images/products/serial-port-pci-brackets-1-large.jpg

Cheers, Daniel