[coreboot] New toolchain coming - Please test your boards with it

Martin Roth gaumless at gmail.com
Thu Jan 12 22:57:33 CET 2017

coreboot intends to update our toolchain soon, and we'd like to get it
thoroughly tested before we do, so we need everyone's help.

Please download the toolchain patch, build the new toolchain, then
build and test any boards you're working on with it.  You can either

https://review.coreboot.org/#/c/17189/

Another option for testing the new toolchain is to use the docker
coreboot-sdk image if you have a decent internet connection. This
downloads about 1GB of docker containers which decompresses to about
3GB.  From the coreboot directory, after setting up your config file,
run:

% docker run -u root -it -v $PWD:/home/coreboot/coreboot --rm
coreboot/coreboot-sdk:test /bin/bash -c "cd /home/coreboot/coreboot &&
make clean && make"

This leaves build files owned by root, so you'll need to chown them back:
% sudo chown -R $(whoami):$(id -gn $(whoami)) .

Thanks for your help.
Martin