[coreboot] How to reduce formal issues with new contributions from corporations?

Taiidan at gmx.com Taiidan at gmx.com
Tue Feb 28 01:53:54 CET 2017

On 02/27/2017 04:37 PM, Stefan Reinauer wrote:

>> Should this documentation be moved to the repository? A lot of the
>> “guideline Wiki pages” are locked anyway. People knowing the Linux
>> kernel, would expect that to also live in the source code repository?
> Yes, I am in favor of moving relevant documentation into the source
> tree, as I believe that we should obsolete the wiki all together.
>
> Stefan
Removing the wiki increases the learning curve for new users and would
make it more difficult to find information at a glance.

I personally never would have started using coreboot if I had to view
the source tree for documentation, that scares people away and a text
file is not at all equivalent to a nicely formatted wiki page.