[coreboot] Corboot on IPC-FP4-DP G Series

Kyösti Mälkki kyosti.malkki at gmail.com
Mon Feb 27 12:50:25 CET 2017

On Fri, Feb 17, 2017 at 12:03 AM, giuseppe.ferrigni--- via coreboot <
coreboot at coreboot.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to flash corboot on a IPC-FP4-DP G Series. The system has the
> following components (from CPU-Z software tool):
>
> CPU: AMD GX-224IJ - 00670F00 - Prairie Falcon (Family 15h  Model 70h -
> Stoney Ridge)
> MOTHERBOARD: Gardenia CRB
> CHIPSET: AMD K15IMC
> SOUTHBRIDGE: Carrizo FCH
> LPCIO: Fintek F81803
>
> It seems that the actual coreboot release is compatible with each
> component, so I configured it as in the attached file.
> Obviously, nothing is so simple. After flashing, nothing on video, nothing
> on COM port.
> I have now some simple questions:
> - is my configuration correct?
> - how can I start debugging, since I have no feedback?
> - Can I test the boot process of the rom in some way using qemu?
> - How can I know if the COM ports are connected to the APU or to the
> superIO? Which is the right configuration in the first case and in the
> second one?

I would check twice the  PSP firmware files you have embedded in your
image. Unfortunately I cannot give you any SHA sums of correct files to
have, but I would assume 3rdparty/blobs has working ones.

There is board-status output of a tested configuration for amd/gardenia
here:

https://www.coreboot.org/Supported_Motherboards#amd.2Fgardenia

Kyösti