[coreboot] Corboot on IPC-FP4-DP G Series

giuseppe.ferrigni at inwind.it giuseppe.ferrigni at inwind.it
Thu Feb 16 23:03:24 CET 2017

Hi,

I'm trying to flash corboot on a IPC-FP4-DP G Series. The system has the following components (from CPU-Z software tool):

CPU: AMD GX-224IJ - 00670F00 - Prairie Falcon (Family 15h  Model 70h - Stoney Ridge)
MOTHERBOARD: Gardenia CRB
CHIPSET: AMD K15IMC
SOUTHBRIDGE: Carrizo FCH
LPCIO: Fintek F81803

It seems that the actual coreboot release is compatible with each component, so I configured it as in the attached file.
Obviously, nothing is so simple. After flashing, nothing on video, nothing on COM port.
I have now some simple questions:
- is my configuration correct?
- how can I start debugging, since I have no feedback?
- Can I test the boot process of the rom in some way using qemu?
- How can I know if the COM ports are connected to the APU or to the superIO? Which is the right configuration in the first case and in the second one?

I appreciate any help to make something work...even partially.

Giuseppe