[coreboot] [RFC] Always include coreboot banner in console independent of log level

Julius Werner jwerner at chromium.org
Sat Feb 25 00:33:35 CET 2017

I think "only print problems / exceptional conditions" is a reasonable use
case. All UART output wastes time.

Is there a reason you want to see the banner but don't want to run at
NOTICE? Maybe the better answer would be to add a new log level (e.g.
LOG_IMPORTANT) between NOTICE and WARNING (or maybe between WARNING and
ERROR)? Do you think there's a case where you would not want to see actual
errors, but still want to see the banner? (Of course it's possible that on
some platforms even LOG_ERROR spews uninteresting spam right now, but we
should probably consider that a bug with the code that does so instead.)