[coreboot] [VERY IMPORTANT] Announcement regarding Apollo Lake Coreboot building

Aaron Durbin adurbin at google.com
Wed Feb 22 16:13:52 CET 2017

On Wed, Feb 22, 2017 at 9:08 AM, Zoran Stojsavljevic <
zoran.stojsavljevic at gmail.com> wrote:

> You mean, this one (in *RED*)?
>
> [user at localhost coreboot]$ cat .config | grep SPI
> CONFIG_BOOT_DEVICE_SPI_FLASH_BUS=0
> # CONFIG_TPM_ON_FAST_SPI is not set
> # CONFIG_SPI_FLASH_INCLUDE_ALL_DRIVERS is not set
> CONFIG_SOC_INTEL_COMMON_SPI_FLASH_PROTECT=y
> # CONFIG_BOOTBLOCK_DEBUG_SPINLOOP is not set
> # CONFIG_VERSTAGE_DEBUG_SPINLOOP is not set
> # CONFIG_ROMSTAGE_DEBUG_SPINLOOP is not set
> *CONFIG_SPI_FLASH=y*
> CONFIG_BOOT_DEVICE_SPI_FLASH_RW_NOMMAP=y
> CONFIG_BOOT_DEVICE_SPI_FLASH_RW_NOMMAP_EARLY=y
> # CONFIG_SPI_FLASH_SMM is not set
> # CONFIG_SPI_FLASH_NO_FAST_READ is not set
> # CONFIG_SPI_FLASH_FAST_READ_DUAL_OUTPUT_3B is not set
> # CONFIG_SPI_FLASH_HAS_VOLATILE_GROUP is not set
> # CONFIG_HAVE_SPI_CONSOLE_SUPPORT is not set
> # CONFIG_BOOT_DEVICE_NOT_SPI_FLASH is not set
> *CONFIG_BOOT_DEVICE_SPI_FLASH=y*
> # CONFIG_HAVE_ROMSTAGE_CONSOLE_SPINLOCK is not set
> # CONFIG_HAVE_ROMSTAGE_NVRAM_CBFS_SPINLOCK is not set
> # CONFIG_HAVE_ROMSTAGE_MICROCODE_CBFS_SPINLOCK is not set
> # CONFIG_DEBUG_SPI_FLASH is not set
> [user at localhost coreboot]$
> Which one (but, anyway, I think you are on the wrong mental tread, unless *you
> explicitly prove to me that I am wrong*)? [image: Inline image 1]

Where are you setting the descriptor to use during the build? Those
settings highlighted in red have nothing to do with the flash descriptor
settings. Please look in src/southbridge/intel/common/firmware/Kconfig for
that list. Also, without the full details of your config it's impossible to
know what you are or aren't doing.