[coreboot] Contribution in coding

Taiidan at gmx.com Taiidan at gmx.com
Sun Feb 19 05:37:21 CET 2017

Hello and welcome!, we are always looking for new acolytes.

Feel free to ask any questions you have.

I would suggest reading these pages.
https://www.coreboot.org/Binary_situation
https://www.coreboot.org/Board_freedom_levels
To clarify a popular misconception most new users have --- coreboot
isn't necessarily libre firmware, or even firmware per say (FSP coreboot
is simply a wrapper layer that doesn't do much at all)

If you want a *real* coreboot motherboard with native inits:
The most popular coreboot mobo is the kgpe-d16, it is the best supported
and it doesn't need any binary blobs to work. (but I would get a
graphics card because of how crappy the onboard video is)
It is a great way to make an affordable gaming PC too (ask me if you
want more info, I play the latest games on my KGPE-D16)

I would suggest you buy a KGPE-D16 (SSI-EEB) or a KCMA-D8 (ATX) as I am
not sure if the below ones work with the current build, but if you want
to do development straight from the get-go more affordable boards are
the AM1ML (embedded/HTPC) and the H8SCM (mid range workstation),
although they are somewhat blobbed unlike the intel (or new AMD) boards
there is no DRM preventing someone from remedying this issue.