[coreboot] Support for BCM MX57QM

Ty Abonil abonilts at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 17 17:28:04 CET 2017

Hello CB Community-

I recently aquired a BCM MX57QM board via ebay and bricked it trying to update some microcodes.  The board has an SPI header, so I was going to pick up a programmer to try again, or restore to a supported ROM, and thought that I might as well see if a coreboot build may work.

The board is a Socket G1 board with a QM57 chipset, and it was running fine with an i7 620M before I bricked it adding ucode for an i7 920XM.   The BIOS looks to be a a Winbond 25Q64BVSIG 25/SPI (flashed with AMI).  The Super IO is IT8783F.

Tangentially, any tips on what programmer/cables to use would also be appreciated.

Thanks in advance for any help.

http://www.bcmcom.com/admin/Manual/MX57QM_Users_Manua_1.1.pdf

MX57QM - BCM Advanced Research<http://www.bcmcom.com/admin/Manual/MX57QM_Users_Manua_1.1.pdf>
www.bcmcom.com
1 MX57QM Intel® QM57 Mini ITX featuring latest two chips design, supports Intel® Core™ i7, i5, i3 Arrandale Mobile processors, DDR3-800/1066 SODIMM up to 8GB,

×
×