[coreboot] Back to original BIOS

ron minnich rminnich at gmail.com
Fri Feb 3 20:45:25 CET 2017

On Fri, Feb 3, 2017 at 9:45 AM Zoran Stojsavljevic <
zoran.stojsavljevic at gmail.com> wrote:

> Ron, any (practical) example of above described practices? I have in my
> laptops here 6 x 4 GB DIMM modules and 2 x 8GB DIMM modules, all of them
> have SPD mounted.

DIMMs are so great but so old school :-)

on some systems, in flash, there are 4 and 8 element tables which are
indexed by GPIOs .You use the 2 or 3 bits from 2-3 GPIOs to index the table
and that's how you get your RAM programming. No SPD. You can see how much
room this leaves for problems.

This is just one simple example.

ron