[coreboot] ThinkPad X201 compile error

Federico Amedeo Izzo federico.izzo42 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 23 17:12:32 CET 2017

On 12/18/2017 12:14 PM, Nico Huber wrote:

> On 18.12.2017 11:44, Federico Amedeo Izzo wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I wanted to update coreboot on my X201 from the Feb 2017 source
>> (commit 068edc1c52cb1e5b6376ba7f296ef8797a24cd5f)
>> to current master
>> (commit f2e7b37c52cac5e7825d0e01b3c45c1506e99253)
>> But when compiling it gives the following error
>> ```
>> src/northbridge/intel/nehalem/gma.c: In function 'gma_func0_init':
>> src/northbridge/intel/nehalem/gma.c:1066:5: error: implicit declaration
>> of function 'intel_gma_init' [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]
>>      intel_gma_init(conf, res2mmio(gtt_res, 0, 0),```
> Wooops, my fault! Fix here:
>   https://review.coreboot.org/#/c/coreboot/+/22930
>
> You just need to remove the #if and #endif in lines 575 and 1012,
> respectively.
Thanks, the fix works, and now the master compiles again.
>> Now it's configured to load a VGA blob, if I enable "native graphics
>> init" instead, the compile error goes away, but the resulting image does
>> not boot (beep and flashing leds)
> I fear this error is not gfx related. The Nehalem code isn't widely tes-
> ted, I suggest trying again with different DIMMS / DIMM combinations.
>
> Hope that helps,
> Nico
The current coreboot master does not boot even with VGA blob, and it
looks like a memory problem as you were suggesting.
In fact watching the serial console it appears that the DIMM training
phase does not finish, and after a while the computer turns itself off.
I've also tried different DIMMS and combinations but without success.

I'm just finished doing a `git bisect` keeping the working commit as
Fallback and the one to test as a Normal.
This attempt was not a success, because even with the last working
commit, when selecting "Normal" mode via nvramcui, it always reboots in
Fallback mode.

Do you have any other suggestions?

Thanks,
Federico