[coreboot] Black screen during SeaBIOS boot

Youness Alaoui kakaroto at kakaroto.homelinux.net
Fri Dec 15 23:57:53 CET 2017

Try a 'cbmem -t' to see how long coreboot itself took to boot. There
might be some delay somewhere causing it to take longer to boot
(current system I'm on, it takes 8 seconds, and on other systems I saw
it take 15 seconds, because it waits for the ME to respond until it
times out) so it might not all be seabios' fault.
Also I just tried removing the VGABIOS and setting Coreboot to run the
GOP driver, and I got a black screen in seabios (even in grub, screen
shows text only after linux boots and inits the driver I think). I'd
suggest you try the proper vgabios and no GOP driver, just to see if
it helps, then see what happens without the vgabios.
Note: i only have one VGA device here.