[coreboot] chromeos-firmwareupdate

tturne at codeaurora.org tturne at codeaurora.org
Fri Apr 21 20:27:48 CEST 2017

Folks,
If this query more correctly belongs on ChromiumOS list, I will re-post.

This utility appears to be the safe/practical way to interact with the
coreboot firmware on an actual chromebook device.
The factory image for kevin has this located at
/usr/sbin/chromeos-firmwareupdate.

I have locally built three "flavors" of kevin: "normal" dev and test.
I can boot all three of these images in Developer-Mode and none of them
have /usr/sbin/chromeos-firmwareupdate present.

Q.1) How do I get chromeos-firmwareupdate populated on a local build?
Do I have to generate a recovery image from my test image?

Cheers,
T.mike