[coreboot] Some weird phenomina related to suspension on my x230 with coreboot and cleansed ME.

Persmule persmule at gmail.com
Fri Apr 21 06:36:17 CEST 2017

Hi Nicola Corna,

Recently I have observed some weird phenomina related to suspension on
my x230 with coreboot and ME cleansed with latest me_cleaner:

 1. If its first boot after flash is done on a powered expansion dock,
    it has a high probability to fail to light the screen during
    recovery from suspension.
 2. If its first boot after flash is done with battery power, the screen
    will be lit during recovery if usb3 ports has never been used before
    suspension, otherwise it 100% fails.
 3. If its first boot after flash is done with a power supplier directly
    attached, the recovery from suspension can always light the screen.

Such "settings" are completely determined with how the first boot after
flash gets powered, and are memorized across power cycles, but unrelated
to where later boot is done, nor whether
expansion docks are used after the first boot is DONE.

I guess it may be related to the MRC cache.

Persmule