[coreboot] Do you use FILO payload bootloader??

qma ster qmastery16 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 6 21:17:48 CEST 2017

Here is how FILO 0.6.0 is booting:

ahci: Found SATA controller 00:11.00 (1022:7801) <--- this is AMD SATA AHCI
controller, built-in inside Bolton A76M FCH Southbridge of Lenovo G505S
ahci: ATA drive on port #1.
ata: Identified [my 1TB HDD drive model here]
ahci: ATAPI drive on port #2.
atapi: Identified [my DVD drive model here]
ERROR: No such CMOS option (boot_devices)

Then it shows FILO screen with " root_dev = unset " message and FILO
command line

=== QUESTION ===

Please could you give some good examples about how to use FILO ? Do I have
to set boot_devices in CMOS through nvramcui payload, or it is possible to
choose that root_dev in FILO - if yes, how?

I tried some random commands like
filo> kernel hda:/vmlinuz
but it tells:
Disk read error dev=1 drive=0 sector=0
Disk read error dev=1 drive=0 sector=2
Disk read error dev=1 drive=0 sector=2
Disk read error dev=1 drive=0 sector=128
Disk read error dev=1 drive=0 sector=16
Disk read error dev=1 drive=0 sector=64
Disk read error dev=1 drive=0 sector=0
Disk read error dev=1 drive=0 sector=64
Disk read error dev=1 drive=0 sector=0
Disk read error dev=1 drive=0 sector=0
Unknown filesystem type.

Error 15: Filo not found.

https://www.coreboot.org/FILO is too basic - e.g. does not tell how to
check the list of available devices. When I run "probe" command it only
tells 6 messages "IDE channel X not found"  (with X changing
0,0,1,1,2,2,3,3) - does not show SATA drive, despite I know that it
successfully initialized, because it output its model and brand

Please give any real world FILO usage examples with a modern Linux, it will
help a lot!

Best regards,
qmastery