[coreboot] VGA and Graphics

Trammell Hudson hudson at trmm.net
Sun Apr 2 01:55:29 CEST 2017

On Sat, Apr 01, 2017 at 07:43:40PM +0000, ron minnich wrote:
> Annnnnnnd with the linux payload we're back to linuxbios :-)

It was a good idea in 1999, and it is still a good idea.

> For a payload chooser and such I can offer two options:
> 1) petitboot has a boot menu type thing
> 2) u-root (u-root.tk) is going to have a boot menu type thing, as we've
> been asked to do one.

Heads is coming along in usability and has a strong focus on securing
the boot process through TPM measurement and using the flash security
features.  It fits the 4.9.20 Linux kernel + initrd into 4 MB, including
all of the crypto, networking and other features.  The eventual user
kernel (or Xen hypervisor and dom0 kernel) are GPG verified and invoked via
kexec for a slightly more secure, legacy free boot process.

More docs are online and pull requests are always appreciated:

	http://osresearch.net/

--
Trammell