[coreboot] Can boards wake up from S3/4/5 by specific keystroke

Marshall Dawson marshalldawson3rd at gmail.com
Thu Sep 1 15:59:43 CEST 2016

Zheng,

I suspect it's a special keyboard as you suggested.  Here is some text from
the M93/p Tiny User Guide:

*Note: The USB 3.0 connector 4 supports the smart power on feature. If you
connect aLenovo-recommended USB 1.1 keyboard to this connector, you can
power on the computer or wake it upfrom S4 hibernation mode by pressing
Alt+P on the keyboard. Ensure that you use a Lenovo-recommendedkeyboard
that supports the smart power on feature.*

The last sentence seems to stress that you need a Lenovo keyboard, or maybe
they've partnered with others as well.  I wonder if the KB is made aware of
the sleep state, and then only passes the keystroke through if it's Alt-p.

Thanks,
Marshall