[coreboot] Can boards wake up from S3/4/5 by specific keystroke

Zoran Stojsavljevic zoran.stojsavljevic at gmail.com
Thu Sep 1 10:26:26 CEST 2016

Hello Zheng,

Since you are asking again, I looked into this problem, in order to
understand the whole PM domain more... Here is my assessment, so I
would advise you to try several options for such a problem.

I would advise to you the following steps (which, unfortunately, have
nothing to do with Coreboot for the initial test):

[1] To install the latest BIOS for ThinkCentre M6600q (Lenovo), or to
use the current, present in the platform;
[2] To drive CMOS settings to PM (Power Management) and check if PM is
properly enabled in BIOS (this is a MUST!);
[3] Then, if both steps are done, to install Ubuntu or Fedora Linux
distros (I personally prefer Fedora);
[4] To install the following package in given distro: pm-utils!
https://pm-utils.freedesktop.org/wiki/
http://pm-utils.freedesktop.org/releases/pm-utils-1.4.1.tar.gz
[5] Then to configure, make and install this package (I did it on my
VM F24 for this purpose, traces imported):
[zoran at localhost Downloads]$ cp pm-utils-1.4.1.tar.gz
/home/zoran/projects/pm-utils
[zoran at localhost Downloads]$ cd /home/zoran/projects/pm-utils
/home/zoran/projects/pm-utils
[zoran at localhost pm-utils]$ ls -al
total 212
drwxrwxr-x. 2 zoran zoran   4096 Sep  1 09:32 .
drwxrwxr-x. 8 zoran zoran   4096 Sep  1 08:59 ..
-rw-rw-r--. 1 zoran zoran 208687 Sep  1 09:32 pm-utils-1.4.1.tar.gz
[zoran at localhost pm-utils]$ tar -xf pm-utils-1.4.1.tar.gz
[zoran at localhost pm-utils]$ cd pm-utils-1.4.1/
[zoran at localhost pm-utils-1.4.1]$ ./configure
[zoran at localhost pm-utils-1.4.1]$ make
[zoran at localhost pm-utils-1.4.1]$ sudo make install
[zoran at localhost pm-utils-1.4.1]$ which pm-suspend
/usr/local/sbin/pm-suspend <<======================== S3 state
[zoran at localhost pm-utils-1.4.1]$ which pm-hibernate
/usr/local/sbin/pm-hibernate <<======================= S4 state

And then try to exercise given commands, and to revive platform using
keyboard/mouse wake up.

We'll go from there, and we'll try to debug ThinkCentre M6600q
(Lenovo) if it does not work at this stage.

Maybe somebody can advise you with Coreboot solution... But
essentially, above proposed method by me should work!

Best Regards,
Zoran