[coreboot] Attempt to porting coreboot to Gigabyte ga-945gcm-s2l

Zoran Stojsavljevic zoran.stojsavljevic at gmail.com
Mon Oct 10 13:07:21 CEST 2016

>> What is INTEL IOTG support?
Never mind, I wanted to say that INTEL will not support Penryn, either
Merom, or Nehalem (over 9 years in production).

>> No idea, but I can certainly try it.
Yes, you can. Ether using source code, but other that that (if you have
some sort of problems), you just need to find it in Coreboot .rom file the
proper place (WBINVD is 0F 09 opcode, while INVD is just 0F 08)! ;-)

>> What I don't understand is that this is just southbridge code which is
>> used by other boards too and that this instruction causes no issues to
>> those other boards in the coreboot tree (like thinkpad x60).
As you have said/wrote, higher FREQ could be the showstopper. Above written
(with INVD) is also good enough as canary test. :-)

>> Having read all the i945 raminit code (this is not MRC but native
>> coreboot code AFAIK) it does seem to be written with 667MHz fsb (945gm
>> laptops like thinkpad x60)and 533MHz fsb (945gc inteld945gclf) in mind.
Ahhhhh... I missed this part over the years!?!? So, there is Open Source
initram code, but for very old CORE families (0 - pre CORE, 1 and some 2s).
Thank you for enlightening me.

>>So I will soon try to confirm this theory with 533MHz fsb cpu.
I look forward/am interested to hearing from you (if you also do extras for
667MHz with INVD, Full House)! :thumb up:

Thank you,
Zoran