[coreboot] Attempt to porting coreboot to Gigabyte ga-945gcm-s2l

Arthur Heymans arthur at aheymans.xyz
Sun Oct 9 18:50:16 CEST 2016

Hi

I'm trying to port coreboot to the gigabyte ga-945gcm-s2l, which has a
945gc northbridge, a ich7 southbridge and a ite it8718f sio. I'm trying
all this with a 1067fsb cpu, so in that last aspect there is no
precedent in coreboot.

I encountered some raminit issues where the MCHBAR(CLKCFG) was
incorrectly written, but this was fixed in
https://review.coreboot.org/#/c/16940/.

Right now I'm stuck in smm_init in southbridge/intel/i82801gx/smi.c.
The boot process completely hangs when wbinvd() is called which supposed
to "Write Back and Invalidate Cache" according to
http://x86.renejeschke.de/html/file_module_x86_id_325.html.

What does this mean? Did the raminit not work?

--
Kind regards

Arthur Heymans