[coreboot] using overlayfs to have several coreboot dev envs

Martin Roth gaumless at gmail.com
Mon Nov 21 16:54:36 CET 2016

I've been working on adding configs (miniconfigs) for abuild as well.
The plan is to have a coreboot/configs directory with all of the
configs there.  Two alternatives that were discussed were
coreboot/configs/VENDOR/MAINBOARD and just putting the configs in the
existing src/mainboards/VENDOR/MAINBOARD directories.  The reason
behind the current plan was that storing all of the miniconfigs in one
location would be the easiest way to maintain them.

If we do redo the build, I'd like it to be optional to put the builds
under the build/VENDOR/MAINBOARD directory instead of forcing that
directory structure as the only way to build.  Just a different target
should be fine.  I don't care much which one is the default, as long
as there's still an option to build in the current fashion.

make all = build/VENDOR/MAINBOARD/coreboot.rom
make single = build/coreboot.rom

Right now, for any board that's built, we know exactly where all of
the files will be without having to look up what mainboard was just
built. For example, if we put things under build/VENDOR/MAINBOARD,
it's going to make things difficult for my flash scripts.

Martin