[coreboot] Powersavings: 8W of difference between bios and coreboot

Iru Cai mytbk920423 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 18 10:08:37 CET 2016

Hi,

On Fri, Nov 18, 2016 at 4:43 PM, Felix Held <felix-coreboot at felixheld.de>
wrote:

> Hi!
>

> BIOS: 11W Coreboot: 19W [...]
>>
> Can you also measure the power consumption with the GPU enabled under the
> vendor firmware?
>
> and no, the NVidia GPU was not enabled in corebooy. Both results were on
>> integrated GPU only
>>
> Have you only disabled the nVidia GPU in devicetree.cb (that will only
> disable the PCIe interface on the CPU side) or have you also disabled the
> GPU power supply via the GFXCORE_ON_D signal? Since that signal is driven
> by the power management companion chip (Thinker-1), you probably have to
> talk to the EC to do that.

I don't know if Charlotte has added the ID of the dGPU to
src/drivers/lenovo/hybrid_graphics.c. Does the dGPU consume power after
hybrid_graphics.c disable the dGPU?

Regards
> Felix
>
> --

Regards,
Iru

--
Please do not send me Microsoft Office/Apple iWork documents. Send
OpenDocument instead! http://fsf.org/campaigns/opendocument/