[coreboot] More details about ram issues

Charlotte Plusplus pluspluscharlotte at gmail.com
Sat Nov 12 06:40:53 CET 2016

Using my new usb debug cable, here is a full debug output from setting
max_mem_clock_mhz=800  (image normal) : clocks selected 9-9-9-24, getting
about 750 errors in memtest after 3 min

max_mem_clock_mhz=934  (image fallback) : clocks selected 10-10-10-28 which
is so optimistic it can't boot and remain stucks in a loop of "PLL busy..."

Before, when I was manually setting the SPD latency, I could get fewer
errors and even boot at 934.

So I followed Nico advice and created mainboard_fill_pei_data to do a non
native ram init with the same max_mem_clock_mhz=800, with a fallback at 666.

It compiled fine with CONFIG_USE_BLOBS=y and CONFIG_USE_NATIVE_RAMINIT
manually disabled, but I must have done something wrong, as it shows the
666 from the fallback, and gets stuck in the "PLL busy" loop

On reboot to fallback, max_mem_clock_mhz=666 (image fallback) is correctly
selected, with clocks 7-7-7-20 and as usual a bunch of errors in the memtest

It's late and I may have done some obvious mistake in
mainboard_fill_pei_data, but I can't spot it. (and I don't understand the
ts_addresses part)