[coreboot] Are there any updates according thinkpad-X201-support?

Federico Amedeo Izzo federico.izzo42 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 3 23:42:17 CET 2016

On 11/03/2016 11:04 PM, Nico Huber wrote:
> Hi Philipp,
>
> On 02.11.2016 20:27, Philipp Stanner wrote:
>> The wiki-article lists several issues, primary:
>>
>>   * Most times after suspend an EC IRQ hangs in the queue and all
>>     functions keys stopped working until cold boot.
>>   * *Commit 456f495d broke USB and PCI-E* (unable to boot from live ISO
>>     on USB), a hard reset to commit a3e41c08 fixed the boot issue
>>
>> Is this still up to date or has it been fixed?
> The latter should be fixed with 6f8b7df.
>
> If you want to know what actually works in a particular revision, you
> have to try for yourself or ask somebody who has that device.
>
> Maybe this helps:
> https://review.coreboot.org/cgit/board-status.git/log/lenovo/x201
>
> Best regards,
> Nico

I have an X201 and I made the last coreboot reports.

I can confirm the second bug you mentioned is not present anymore (USB
and PCI-E works fine).

While with the standby bug, i can tell sometimes after resuming from
suspend the function keys do not work anymore, but it does not happen often.

Also there are two small problems when using native graphics initialization:

- the text in nvramcui flickers (i've tried disabling or enabling VESA
mode and it flickers anyway but in two different ways) however it is
still possible to change settings.

- When the screen turn on (during power on or resume from standby) the
screen shows a white glitchy image for an instant, but after this the
screen works correctly.

The rest is working OK, let me know if you need more info about the X201.

Regards,

Federico