[coreboot] EC problem in X200s?

Merlin Büge toni at bluenox07.de
Thu Nov 3 17:17:49 CET 2016

Hi Iru,

> Recently, I flashed libreboot to my X200s (with L9300 CPU). But it seems
> that there are some EC problems in X200s, which I haven't found in a X200.

Be aware that there are different EC versions.
One should therefore upgrade the BIOS/EC (one process) to the latest version
before flashing core/libreboot.
EC updates are known to fix bugs and also to improve battery handling.

Can you please post the output of:
cat /proc/asound/cards

You can still upgrade the EC, but it's much work.
You'd have to flash an older BIOS version with flashrom , then upgrade with the
regular stock ISOs to latest BIOS/EC version [0], which will update also the EC
firmware, and then reflash libreboot.

> 3. At last I bought a factory battery, the first two problems will not
> appear. In these two days, I found that when I charge with a 90W adapter,
> the CPU will get very hot and the laptop will shut down. It seems that
> it'll not happen with a 65W adapter.

Some user on #libreboot reported that with an X200 Tablet (similar hardware)
and EC v1.06 he had *not* this issue.

Regards,

Merlin

[0] http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/BIOS_update_without_optical_disk