[coreboot] EC problem in X200s?

Iru Cai mytbk920423 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 3 16:25:35 CET 2016

Hi,

Recently, I flashed libreboot to my X200s (with L9300 CPU). But it seems
that there are some EC problems in X200s, which I haven't found in a X200.

1. With a third party battery, when I put the X200s on dock, it'll shut
down.
2. With a third party battery, the battery will not charge, but it can
charge on a libreboot X200 or another X200s (with a single core Celeron
CPU, not tested on the same X200s) with factory firmware.
3. At last I bought a factory battery, the first two problems will not
appear. In these two days, I found that when I charge with a 90W adapter,
the CPU will get very hot and the laptop will shut down. It seems that
it'll not happen with a 65W adapter.

Iru

--
Please do not send me Microsoft Office/Apple iWork documents. Send
OpenDocument instead! http://fsf.org/campaigns/opendocument/