[coreboot] permissions error building external payload

Martin Roth gaumless at gmail.com
Wed May 18 21:01:50 CEST 2016

Hi David,
  You need to add a rule to payloads/external/Makefile.inc as well.
Here's a start:

payloads/external/OpenBIOS/openbios/obj-x86/openbios-builtin.elf
openbios: $(top)/$(DOTCONFIG)
  $(MAKE) -C payloads/external/OpenBIOS all \
    CONFIG_OPENBIOS_MASTER=$(CONFIG_OPENBIOS_MASTER) \
    CONFIG_OPENBIOS_STABLE=$(CONFIG_OPENBIOS_STABLE) \
    CONFIG_OPENBIOS_REVISION=$(CONFIG_OPENBIOS_REVISION) \
    CONFIG_OPENBIOS_REVISION_ID=$(CONFIG_OPENBIOS_REVISION_ID)

You'll probably want to add some additional variables to configure
openbios to use the coreboot toolchain. All of the variables will need
to be exported or passed on the command line between
external/Makefile.inc and external/OpenBIOS/Makefile.

With your changes and the ones to Makefile.inc, I get to this point:

    Checking out OpenBIOS from Git
Cloning into 'openbios'...
remote: Counting objects: 11801, done.
remote: Total 11801 (delta 0), reused 0 (delta 0), pack-reused 11801
Receiving objects: 100% (11801/11801), 2.30 MiB | 1.95 MiB/s, done.
Resolving deltas: 100% (9310/9310), done.
Checking connectivity... done.
        Checking out OpenBIOS revision v1.1
Already on 'master'
Your branch is up-to-date with 'origin/master'.
Switched to a new branch 'coreboot'
    CONFIG     OpenBIOS v1.1
    MAKE       OpenBIOS v1.1
Configuring OpenBIOS on amd64 for x86