[coreboot] Modifying T60 chassis to better get at the boot rom

David Griffith dave at 661.org
Tue May 17 10:05:41 CEST 2016

I managed to brick my Thinkpad T60 while experimenting with Coreboot, so I
had to completely extract the main board to get at the boot ROM.  I was
pleased to notice that I could easily cut out a small piece of the inner
chassis to allow me to de-brick the laptop again without taking it
completely apart again.  Here are some pictures of the laptop with the
keyboard and wrist rest off showing how easily I can get at the ROM now.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/32548582@N02/albums/72157668418115386

If it's not already obvious, surgery like this should only be performed
when all boards have been removed from the inner chassis.

--
David Griffith
dave at 661.org