[coreboot] [baytrail_FSP] question about lpss device with ACPI mode in win8

cheng yichen blessyichen at gmail.com
Mon May 16 14:06:53 CEST 2016

Hi  Zoran

Base on the version Baytrail_coreboot_MR5_Dec-21-2015(coreboot) that is
released by Intel.
In the coreboot(Intel released and defautle is acpi mode) I can install
driver and device is workable in win8.
I can see hs-uart controller in device manage and no yellow mark.

In last coreboot source code. after I modify "pcdlpsssioenablepcimode" to
"LPSS_PCI_MODE_DISABLE". Then the lpss device will be confgured to ACPI
mode.
but the hs-uart controller and I2C controller will shown yellow mark in
win8 device manager.
Because the main controller is not workable in win8. I don't check the
sub-device device.