[coreboot] [GSoC 2016] ROM-O-Matic project

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Thu Mar 10 01:31:08 CET 2016

Hi guys,

(I have a server problem but am sortof recovering.)

ron minnich wrote:
> Do we have any record as to how uniform, e.g., the x220 experience
> has been?

This is an important question. It comes down to the mainboard of course.

Judging from the schematics and hardware in the wild there's not too
much variation with ThinkPads; the *only* significant variation in the
(admittedly very) old 60 generation is whether a mainboard has discrete
graphics or not, and even then that only matters for using the correct
option ROM.

There might be a bit more variation with newer generations because
they are more complex, but not too much.

//Peter