[coreboot] Thinkpad x230 video glitches during boot

Trammell Hudson hudson at trmm.net
Sun Jul 24 20:31:23 CEST 2016

On Sat, Jul 23, 2016 at 08:27:17PM +0000, ron minnich wrote:
> I"m assuming this is native graphics? That's sometimes a sign that the
> graphics hardware can't get to memory for an image, either due to the page
> remapping on the graphics hardware being wrong or maybe BME is not set on
> the device.

Yes, this was with native graphics.  It looks like grub's gfxterm was
causing it -- I switched terminal_output to console and there is now
a nice text mode boot menu rather than glitching.

> [...]
> BTW, how big is the Qubes "kernel" itself? Is it possible to put it in
> flash?

The Qubes kernel is the Xen hypervisor and is only about 800 KB.
I'm attempting to add it as the payload, although I think that a minimal
Linux in ROM that kexec's Xen from an encrypted and measured disk image
will be better suited to my goals.

--
Trammell