[coreboot] [regression] Increased romstage boot time on ASRock E350M1 (AMD Family 14h)

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Sat Jan 23 01:32:02 CET 2016

Paul Menzel wrote:
> 1. How do I make sure that GCC 4.9 is used in `make CC=gcc-4.9`?

Change the paths in your .xcompile to the system tools instead of the
tools in xgcc/bin/

> 3. If it is indeed a compiler issue, how would the debugging go?

There are lots of creative things to try.

You can try replacing one tool at a time in .xcompile, LD, the
linker, is a good first candidate.

If that makes no difference then you can start mixing and matching
object files, hopefully finding one object file that makes the
difference, then the two versions of that object file can be
inspected further and/or disassembled.

//Peter