[coreboot] Test hardware initialization in emulator

Rishav Ambasta kooolrishav at gmail.com
Wed Aug 24 11:31:05 CEST 2016

I am exploring Coreboot.
I had bought a Minnowboard, which will take some time to arrive.
Meanwhile I wanted to carry out the learning on an emulator.
I had compiled a ROM for QEMU and it ran successfully. I even tried with
different payloads (which I hear is the easy part of the boot process)
Now I wanted to learn the "hard" part, mainly RAM initialization and PCI
enumeration.

I had generated a ROM using the Minnowboard FSP, but I was not able to boot
QEMU using it.

Need suggestions on how can one, trace or at-least log the steps in the
boot-block stage, ROM stage and RAM stage of Minnowboard on an Emulator.

Regards,
*Rishav Ambasta*

*Save Plants, Save Life ...*